Wednesday 23 February 2022

Why I do not use excessive make up/ foundation on my skin



When I lived in India nine (9) years ago I was forced to put make up on my face every day, it was a “must” recommend due to the training I was attending. In all honesty I did not like it at all, it was a lot of effort to go to swimming lessons every morning put make up on and then remove every evening. I clearly remember interrogating my grooming tutor why make up was a "must"? She emphasized the importance of presentation while at the same time she also gave us remedy strategies on how to maintain a healthy skin in the process.

I have oily skin and do not use foundation on my skin (yes that includes not on platforms/ special occasions) because I’ve realized that my skin is healthy and can glow without make up. I quickly realized that what I eat directly or indirectly affects my skin so I started figuring out in the past nine (9) years what works and what doesn’t work for me. This was an eye opener to slowly cut out a few things with reinvention of a new simple things. The outcome of it all is that it works for me, and I am a firm believer in showing up as your true authentic self. My internal healing journey has really been a catalyst to love and embrace my natural simplicity without having to conceal who I truly am. I use eye pencil and eye shadow yes but I do not use foundation on my skin because of longevity (I’m a natural futuristic thinker) blame it for being a visionary. My mother and grandmother have not been using make up for all these years too, my mother is close to hitting her 60’s and she still looks much more younger and beautiful. I believe it runs in the Jameson blood line (haha), thank God for generational blessings.

 

If there is one thing I wish I could’ve used consistently it would be “lipstick”, I tried using it so many times but it agitates my lips with itching. I am not saying that using make up is wrong but what I am saying is may we be considerate to use wisdom in the NOW and not medicate what we could’ve prevented 30 years from now. Use your make up as you would like to but I humbly implore you not to allow it to conceal who you truly are. You are beautifully, fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God, embrace it unapologetically.




(No foundation on skin just a touch of eye shadow & Vaseline on lips)


My healthy skin care strategy:

 


1.Drink at least 2-3 liters of water daily

2. Use Dove soap for my face and apply Shea butter cream and (or rose water)

3.Use my own home made face scrub to remove dead skin i.e Olive oil/coconut oil with, sugar and turmeric.

4. Eat less oily food to prevent acne. I use coconut oil to deep fry & in my food.

5. Sleep at least 7-9 hours consistently (In my busy rhythm I sleep in for 10-13 hours for one day in 7 weeks) Your body heal itself when you rest.

6.Take 3 kilometer walk once a week. Sometimes I skip when my daily routine exceeded 2 kilometer errand runs (haha) now that’s a win!

7.Use pure petroleum jelly (Vaseline) for my lips.

8. The word of God with intentionality & consistency. 



1 Peter 3:3-4

 

“3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the [a]incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”.

 

 

In His love

 

Ndeshi Jameson

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I do not use excessive make up/ foundation on my skin

When I lived in India nine (9) years ago I was forced to put make up on my face every day, it was a “must” recommend due to the training I w...