Monday 22 January 2018

An open letter to anyone struggling with debt or financially




Struggling with debt or financially? It is not the end of the world.
There was a time (four years ago) in my life when everyone around me moved into their own apartments, bought their own cars etc. While I still stayed at my mom’s house and to be honest I felt bad and literally became discontent. My friends would pick me up with their own cars, we would go to restaurants, hang out together etc.

There was so much pressure to compete I felt like an outcast simply because I didn’t have what they all had, I became so frustrated and just felt like something was wrong with me, Why me? etc. All sorts of negative questions were running through my mind, and yes we can sometimes allow the pressures of this world to influence us and drive us towards detrimental choices for our future. Comparison is the cousin of COVET we need to guard our hearts and minds from comparison at all times and if you truly understand TIME and SEASON, trust me you will envy no one. 

1 John 5:21 (AMP)
21 Little children (believers, dear ones), guard yourselves from idols—[false teachings, moral compromises, and anything that would take God’s place in your heart].

In my journey I came to realize that just because I was taking longer than others does not mean I am a failure.  I shared in one of my blog posts “from the pit to the palace” my journey from having little to having much as I said “no” to a lot of money and yes to “little” money and at that time I didn’t understand it until the Lord spoke to me during that season. I’ve grown to learn that we will never know the fullness of Christ until we know the emptiness of everything else and I am truly so thankful for that season because the Lord circumcised my heart from a lot of things, God is our source but if and when we depend on “our money “to sustain us we lose it all as scripture says in:

 Luke 16:10
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.

 The Lord has literally been so faithful to me and I can go on and on about His constant faithfulness. I live in my own apartment now, fully furnished and I did not have to get myself into debt to get all my furniture I literally took a step of faith and decided to depend on the Lord for everything and simply just refused to get into any debt but to trust Him and I am not in any sense saying that I am perfect but this is my testimony of provision, if He could do it for me He can do it for you too.. It is entirely possible to live a debt free life (I mean getting into debt for:  furniture, gadgets, clothes, food, etc.) Everything on the earth belongs to the Lord and we can confidently trust Him for anything be it a car, a house etc. These past 5 years taught me how to trust and fully depend on the Lord for His provision (in every area of my life) and trust me it has not been the easiest journey but so worth it as my faith muscles has been stretched on another level.

In January 2017 I had just come from my holiday in South Africa and then my cellphone (I bought this phone 4 years ago in India) all of a sudden just gave up on me upon my arrival back in Namibia and it was very frustrating. I was so driven by my frustration that I literally went to a clothing store to open an account just to take a cellphone on account and pay it off in three months (so I thought) but as I stood there I was convicted as I didn’t trust God to come through for me and  then I walked out. I was only trusting God for a Samsung J1 cellphone nothing more nothing less, and a few days later I then decided to take a bold step of faith, surrender my need to the Lord and boldly trust Him to come through for me... and BOOM! In exactly three days’ time the Lord came through for me and blessed me with an iPhone cellphone huh? and I only wanted a Samsung J1!  I then heard the Lord say to me: “Ndeshi, my thoughts are not your thoughts don’t limit me based on what you see, I have nothing but the BEST in store for you. Gosh! He is so faithful!!!! 

This scripture was and is still in its truest sense a manifestation in my life:

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”


So what is it that you need? We can only access it by FAITH by drawing close to Jesus

Carrying a weight of debt or struggling financially? Don’t condemn yourself? Surrender your debt to the Lord? Nothing is impossible with Him. God is not limited to our ABILITY and CAPACITY. Your job is a channel. If you think that your job is what keeps you financially secure, you’re going to be insecure your entire life. You’ve got to understand that God is the SOURCE of your supply, and you can depend on Him to know exactly what you need and give it to you.  Your salary is a blessing and blessings come at a cost and responsibility. How can we want more? and how can He give us more? if we cannot be faithful stewards with what He has blessed and entrusted us with? 

Luke 16:11
 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 

Prepare yourself to be a good steward over what God has blessed you with and about to bless you with exceedingly and more abundantly it is never too late to start now. Let your trust in God speak louder than the opinions of people, let your trust in God speak louder than your circumstances and let us choose to cast all our care on Him for He cares for us in and out of season  (1 Peter 5:7) He is our Father and He knows what we have need of even before we ask.

Here’s a few principles of which helped me stay the course in my financial discipline for the past 5 years:

1.TITHE (Malachi 3:8-12 this area is a HEART issue)

2.Realize that your salary/income is a blessing

3.STEWARDSHIP is of utmost importance, we need to be faithful stewards over our portion.

4.Identify your NEEDS from your WANTS, set up a monthly budget and be accountable.

5.Plan thoroughly (especially if you buy a lot of fast food, going out to spend at restaurants, entertainment etc.)

6.If and when going to the grocery store make a list of what you are going to
buy and stick to it (not to overspend)

7.If you are in debt take it to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to clear it for you (Surrender and Trust Him)

8.Take your list of needs/wants to the Lord (put it on your prayer alter)

9.Pray for wisdom? And steward faithfully as He grants wisdom.

10.Discipline is Key and a disciplined life is a PRINCIPLED life.


In His love

Ndeshi Jameson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I do not use excessive make up/ foundation on my skin

When I lived in India nine (9) years ago I was forced to put make up on my face every day, it was a “must” recommend due to the training I w...